Saturday, July 31, 2010

dropping out?

I'm really considering not doing a half marathon this fall. I've done 2-3/yr since 2007 (sometimes better than others...). I am just not all that motivated right now. And I really want to finish my proposal and enjoy my last competitive season of rugby and have a good time coaching and not lose my mind. I just can't seem to wrap my head around committing to training.

This makes me feel like a failure. I haven't had a good half in two years, and I can't seem to get motivated to do so.Its just not fun right now.
Maybe I'll do a couple of 5ks instead. Much less time consuming training.

1 comment:

  1. I think if you do the half, and aren't motivated to train, then you might not do as well as you hope. I say skip it, concentrate on your last year of rugby/proposal etc. Then maybe next year or somewhere down the line when you can train properly, go for it. Just my 2 cents, from a girl who hates to run!

    ReplyDelete