Tuesday, February 2, 2010

getting on track

I took last week off from working out following the 3M Half, but now it is time to start training for my next race, the NJ Half in May.  I'm running it with a friend who I did a full marathon with in 2008 - who out ran me by 20 minutes at the Philly half less than a year after giving birth! - so I really want to be well trained and healthy for this!

So here's my training plan, curtosy Runner's World's Smart Coach. I put in my time from the 3M (2:03:08), told it I've been running 15-20 miles/week, and that I want to train hard. Here goes!
I'll probably do the shorter runs (2-3 miles) with the pup, which leaves me with 1-2 midweek runs to squeeze in (perhaps at lunch?) and a long run for the weekend. The 3/28 and 4/4 runs will be swapped since I'll be in Nashville for a tournament, but the rest should work out on schedule.

PS. You'll be hearing a lot more about my running, as I need to stay accountable to...well...someone reading  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment