Tuesday, March 1, 2011

running update

No pun intended.
I scrapped the 9 miler. It is lost.
I did get in all my mileage last week though. Schedule: 2, 5, 2, 10. Did 5, 3.5, 2, 10. YES! No failure.
I'm even down another half pound. 169. teehee. Whatever, I'll  pretend it is a real loss and not dehydration (WW and me weren't friends last week).

I am glad I have another 4 long runs before the race. I stopped A LOT on that 10 miler, and my pace was about a 9:50 without stops. A long way to go to my 2 hr (9:06ish pace) half marathon goal!  I hit a 2:03 on a downhill course last year at this weight, and supposedly 5 lbs is enough to take off 2 minutes. Can I lose 10 lbs this month and make my goal on a sort of hilly course since I'll be better trained this time? That's a lot of ifs/maybes. But I AM GOING TO TRY DAMMIT.

No comments:

Post a Comment