Sunday, February 20, 2011

the impending half marathon

Last week was a good running week. I did my 2, 4, 2 and 8. My 8 was terrific too.
I even lost a pound. 171, hi.

This week, eh. I had 2, 5, 2 and 9 on the schedule. I did 3.5, 2.5, 3.3 and 4. Crap. I even technically had time and decent weather to do that 9 today and just didn't. Just wasn't feeling it. Dammit, especially with last week's good 8 and this week's AMAZING 3.3 in 65 degree weather on the West Side Highway.

So I started at my schedule - several times actually - and figured out the best plan to make up this week... This coming week will be 9 (tomorrow since I am off), 2, 5 and 10. Lots of math and cross and uncrossing things off in various iterations of the next two weeks of schedule led me to  believe this is the best solution for my mileag and least likely to make me risk injury. And I'll be back on track at that point.

Other goal this week, besides not falling off the half marathon wagon (which I will NOT do seeing as I have two race registrations this spring!): lift twice, for 25 min each.
Little goals, little goals!

I also need to weigh myself Tuesday when I get to NJ. I know I am over again this week (I really, really need to save my weekly  or activity points for the weekend) but  I am hoping for at least a tiny dip, despite my bloaty visitor. A girl can dream anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment