Monday, October 1, 2012

so...

We're still doing the NY Marathon, though in all honesty just running to finish. no time goal. We're both mildly injured (well, C is more than mildly injured and is in PT) and I'm overweight. Finishing at all with 2 one year olds is good right?


It kind of pains me to "waste" an entry to NYC on racing to finish, but I'm kind of over it. It's a fun, huge, crowded race, and we're running it together. It'll be a lot more fun than running with time pressure.  I can save that for a less cool race someday (though I doubt I'll do another marathon anytime soon).

In the meanwhile, I'm setting my sights on a 5k PR for this Thanksgiving (starting training this week) and losing some weight. I was 175.6 this morning, the most I've been in a while. Granted, I am probably bloated etc yuck etc, but ugh. I need to stop fucking around. Its been nearly 4 years at this weight and I just keep bitching like that'll change something.

So small goals, 10 lbs by Thanksgiving (8 weeks).

1 comment:

  1. You aren't alone girl! I have been hovering around 170 since a few weeks after giving birth to Madison! I need to get serious about losing some weight, too! This belly just doesn't look like it did in college (granted, there have been 3 residents in my belly since then - but still!) My goal was 15 pounds by Thanksgiving - but 10 might be more realistic! You can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete