Tuesday, February 13, 2007

with the money that will be spent on this

You could feed the homeless of at least one city for what I'm sure consumers will blow on this one....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17120663/

"...a sweat-free four-minute workout that will give you the same results as a grueling 90-minute session at the local gym."
"four minutes aboard her company’s machine is equivalent to 45 minutes of resistance training, 30 minutes of running and 20 minutes of stretching."

sorry folks, nothing is equivilent to 30 min of running but 30 min of running (not that there's not similar cardio that is, well, similar)....and how the hell do you speed up stretching?

sigh.

So many better things those marketing dollars could be spent on.

1 comment:

  1. "I'm going to remain pretty skeptical until I see data from a well-controlled study published in a quality peer review journal."
    I should probably just print up cards with this printed on them, so I can hand them out when people tell me about a new exercise fad.

    This is why I have to steer clear of nutrition news most of the time, too! It's so infuriating.

    ReplyDelete