Monday, February 5, 2007

brrrrrrr

It is incredibly cold.
Its currently 11 degrees here, with a windchill of 10 below. The high -- 19 degrees, with a wind chill of 3. Granted, I shouldn't be complaining. It was in the 50s until, oh, 3 week ago. And I could be in Madison or Ann Arbor, where the wind chill is another 10 degrees lower......and that's not going to happen.
So Mom, I think you'll be happy -- I've officially deleted the job/HR sites of Michigan and Wisconsin from my favorite places and will no longer be considering jobs in the upper-middle portion of the country, as appearently I am a huge pussy about the cold. (Also, side note, thank goodness for treadmills, or I wouldn't be getting any cardio exercise for quite some time, seeing as we're not forecast to break freezing until at least Friday).
Lets blame it on the 5 years I spent in Texas. Wind chills in the 40s don't even make the map!
(Also, side note #2: I just noticed the wind chill in central IL is 20 below. Moments like this I thank the heavens that I left my plant job -- I don't even want to think about spending the day working around the stills or --eek-- loadout (which was right on the river) in this kind of cold.)

2 comments:

  1. No! Put Wisconsin back on! Especially Madison! Because just a few days of negative degree weather can't offset the utter and complete awesomeness of my city and state! Plus you could play rugby with our team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wisconsin is very nice from what I've seen of it. I would consider it more seriously if it had diving opportunities.

    And you're a wuss. :p The windchill out here hasn't broken -15 during the daytime for over ten days. It hovers around -30 as soon as the sun goes down. "Fuck! It's fucking freezing!" has become my new most-uttered phrase.

    ReplyDelete