Monday, January 28, 2013

8 miles

I knocked out an "easy" 8 miles yesterday for my long run. It actually wasn't that bad, albeit cold, and I only stopped 3 or 4 times. 1:19:19 (without stops). Pretty good.

The amazing part?

I was thinking, around mile 6.5 when I was ready to go home, how 5 (FIVE!) years ago I was knocking out 8 milers midweek marathon training.

That made me feel a little crappy. Besides that I don't run 30+ mpw now, I'm a good 15+ lbs heavier and quite a bit slower now.

But then I got to thinking...in 5 years I've(/we've):

  • bought 2 houses
  • sold one
  • moved three times
  • had twins
  • took two new jobs, then got promoted/moved to a new role at the latter
So maybe I'm really doing ok?

and on the upside, I'm pretty on track with training for my March 17 half, and its been a LONG time since I said that.


No comments:

Post a Comment