Tuesday, August 7, 2012

more interactive BBC stuff

The BBC rocks.

After finding my Olympic Body Double, I poked around their page a little more.

Seems at my current weight, with a BMI (sigh) of 28, I have a lower BMI than 59% (!!) of 30-44 year olds in the US. I am fairly chubby, though not obese even by BMI standards, but I admit I am shocked by this.
Of course, my BMI is HIGHER than 77% of women in the same age bracket internationally, so I think it is safe to say Americans are just fat.
If I were at my goal (hah), I'd have a lower BMI - at 23 -  than 83% of my American peers and 54% internationally. So I guess my goal is pretty average for international weight for my height...


Also, I'm roughly 4,533,454,396th person born/currently living on Earth and 79,171,698,182nd person to have lived since history began.


Random scary BBC factiods:

Battle for resources: It is estimated that your group of the richest countries consumes double the resources used by the rest of the world. The UN estimates that if current population and consumption trends continue, by the 2030s we will need the equivalent of two Earths to support us.
Did you know? By mid-century, the world's urban population is likely to be the same size as the global population was in 2004.


Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment