Friday, December 23, 2011

follow up

Semi-related to my last post, its time to start training for my next half marathon.
Much as I've discussed in the past (I won't even bother boring you with linking to all the whining), I have a two hour goal in mind. A time I used to hit with ease. This March I'm running the Georgia Half with a friend of mine, and I'm going to do it dammit.

hah.

Seriously though, I need to. I'm running NYC this fall, and for a lot of reasons it will probably be my last full for a long time, forever maybe, and I need to have a nice base to train with.

I joined Daily Mile (updates in the blog to come), and while this week is really 14 weeks out, have started training. I used Runner's World's Smart Coach to make me a plan based on my Thanksgiving 5k and my weekly mileage of 11-15 miles (which is a bit more...by a lot...than I've been running, but I think I can fake it). Its pretty low mileage, but I need that right now, need to build slowly and realistically.

The plan for this week is 3, 4 and 5 miles. Let's see how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment