I'll get to a more fun recap of our trip later this week, but a few points in short (and no particular order):
1) Fast Pass is da bomb.
2) Southwest still is as well. Drinks AND snackies with your 2 hour flight. I'm there, as often as possible.
3) Staying on property was a terrific decision. No need to bother with cars, driving, parking, etc for a week! woot! And our tickets were a part of our room keys!
4) I think a lot of the Disney Magic is a result of the complete and utter lack of bugs on park property. Our resort had several pools and lagoon lake thingies, and I saw one dragon fly and one ant on our entire trip. On the one hand, especially considering about 1/4 of the homes you can see from the bus enroute to and from the airport have permanent screen structures in their backyard, this is awesome. On the other hand, I am willing to bet the park sort of glows with pesticide at night.
5) Now that I think about it, none of the lagoon thingies on Disney property had "beware of alligator" signs either, which are pretty common in Florida...
6) The Orlando airport is pretty nice, and had a lot of stores to pop around. However, the security area vaguely resembles what happens at the Union toll plaza on the GSP at 5 pm on a Friday in July. If you don't know what I'm referencing...envision the entrance to a pro sports playoff if everyone entered through three lines, spread out to 13 ticket takers, then remerged to three lines to find their seats...5 minutes before kick/tip off.