Wednesday, January 18, 2012

trying

I'm really trying to be better about meeting my goals. My big goal for the spring is to break a 2 hr half marathon. I think losing 10 or 15 lbs would assist greatly in this (and get me back to where I was when I ran my half PR in 2008, not to mention be close to being out of "overweight" on the stupid BMI chart), but I haven't made it a priority yet (same 10 or 15 lbs I've been talking about for eons).

So...8 weeks to go.

The first two weeks of January went ok.  I missed my first long run (5 mi) of the year due to a personal fiasco I don't want to get into right now. Last week was good. 2 4 milers and a 6 miler. I only stopped twice (that I recall) during the fridid 6 miles, which is a huge accomplishment for me. The pace was ok, about a 9:20. I need to drop that at least 10 seconds/mile to hit my goal...

On tap this week is 3 3 milers and a 7. One run down, three to go... (and I need to get to Crossfit twice. I'm planning on Thurs and Fri mornings).

No comments:

Post a Comment